Imagine a people plaza where four Chicago neighborhoods converge. View our design concept gallery and a 360-degree view of potential improvements at the Polish Triangle offering CTA upgrades and a welcoming, walkable destination.
Our vision is a plaza in which visitors:
- feel welcomed in a clean and safe oasis
- are geographically oriented
- linger or pass through
- socialize or are private
- celebrate the neighborhoods’ cultural history
Bugaj Architects worked with Polish Triangle Coalition in 2017 on a design for an urban oasis that would attract residents, visitors and foodservice vendors. The design concept provides aesthetic and safety upgrades to the Division Blue Line station entrances, transit and community information, and space for food sales, arts programming and ongoing maintenance.
The drawings are being used to spark discussions with city officials and community leaders on capital improvements at the Polish Triangle. To get your organization involved in planning the next steps in Polish Triangle revitalization, contact us.
More from our partners:
- See the possibilities: The Polish Triangle, Our Urban Times, 1/28/2018
- Polish Triangle, East Village Association archives